Wednesday, November 5, 2008

How to be an Amity Druggie

(this is just based on the guys I know and want to mock =])

Just a few steps to becoming the epitome of an Amity drug-addict:

1. Never dress or look like you don't care, always present yourself as showered and clean. This immediately throws people off because most are under the incorrectly preconceived notion that all drug addicts don't care about their appearance and are subsequently unwashed bums.

2. Do well in school, take some challenging classes, but not so challenging that you'd have to do actual hard work in them. Doing well in class means teachers cannot complain about you to your parentals or otherwise.

3. Have an "I'm so chill" attitude and walk in slow, meaningful steps - as if you have all the time in the world to get to your next class.

4. Go to parties and get wasted and stoned and hook up with equally trashy druggies of the opposite or same sex.

Aannnd, that's how you achieve the druggie status at Amity. Congratulations! It's a pity so many of them are super cute.

2 comments:

Jimworm said...

Hey you're writing stuff.

So what's your point? There are cute people at your school whose lifestyles you cannot tolerate?

Actually I can relate. I see cute god-squad girls (oh so cute) all the time, and the nerdy church guys that get to monopolize them.

But when I think about my life, free from that particular cognitive disability, then I'm happy to call it even. Live and let live?

Gah I can hardly recognise myself. Where's the rage? The testosterone must be fading in my old age.

Cookie said...

I don't think you need testosterone to fuel rage, but the ageing thing is definitely a factor in your placid-ness (is that even a word?)... it's your body telling you that you need to settle down and start a family.

I don't know what my point is... possibly that I wish high school boys would just grow up so that I could date them without feeling like a pedophile.