Saturday, November 1, 2008

High School Parties

High School "Parties" are for lack of a better word, jokes. They are a way to sneak some booze to a friend's house (whose parents are away for the weekend and praying that they wont return to a wrecked house), make an utter fool of yourself in front of the same group of people you see everyday at school anyway, and do things you'll most likely regret once sober.
What's the point? Seriously, does it make you cool to answer the "whatcha up to this weekend?" with "Oh, I'm just heading to a part." And you musn't forget to add the "just" because without it, one may think that you don't go to parties every weekend, and god forbid that because not getting pissed would make you nerdy and entirely uncool.

If you're hosting a party, make it open, let random people come and go even though your house is potentially at risk. Because otherwise there really is no point in having a party if you're going to invite all your "safety" friends.
Oh and posting facebook photos of you and your friends drinking underage is not only screaming "I'm desperate to let everyone know I HAVE FUN!", but also incredibly trashy. No one wants to see a girl throwing up or evidently drunk.
If you're of age, sure, party, drink, have a shitload of fun. But if you're not, the whole hype with alcohol is IN YOUR HEAD.

Alcohol may be a catalyst to letting loose, but it shouldn't be the only way you can have fun. And if you're reading this and going "I can still have fun without alcohol, I just enjoy one or two beers to loosen up a bit"... then someone should slap you in the face because you're in denial and need serious help.

xx
- An ex-alcoholic (or not so ex?)

4 comments:

anna said...

We had a halloween party. That was fun, even tho we had alcohol there. No one got even tipsy. Cept maybe Chumz was a bit louder - or maybe that was normal. suspect you've seen photos on facebook. My point is; alcohol, underagers, parties, common sense and fun are not mutually exclusive. We had a good time, and lots of food.
Then again, at the after party, there was way too much alcohol and people who got completely wasted. I think no one in their right mind (sober) could conceivably have enjoyed that.
So, I guess I have to agree, mostly. If you want to meet new people; don't go to parties where people will be comatose. If you want to enjoy yourself with alcohol, don't invite people who will be comatose.
now I read that, it begins to sound kind of tricky. Well, maybe you'll catch my drift anyway.

L said...

My thoughts exactly. Where's the fun in puking? Screw uncool, I like my brain cells.

oh, and WHOO 18, was able to go order alcohol legally with my dinner at my b-day party :D (had a marguerita and part of a chili beer).

and yeah the halloween party was good. Alcohol, but not to excess.

DarkVixen said...

ZOMG ALCOHOL FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111one

....I'm not an alcoholic...... really..........


ahem. right. I said nothing....

I meant to say something else but I can't remember now <.<;

Cookie said...

lol it's people like you Tunan hahaha jk I like my alcohol too, just not the embarrassment that follows it in public...

I wish I were in New Zealand and legal to drink margueritas...